- Professional 9 Dance Athlete
- Dance Instructor in all Styles
Donovan has been a competitive DanceSport athlete since he was 8 years old and has had the honor of training with top coaches from throughout the world. As an amateur, he competed in American Smooth, Latin, and Standard styles and was an AAU Junior Olympic Ambassador for DanceSport within the United States. After graduating from High School, he relocated to Ireland to train in Europe and represent Team Ireland in international competitions. While overseas, he represented Ireland at the World Championships and won numerous titles and championships in the Youth, Under 21, and Adult categories at all major competitions in Ireland. Throughout his ballroom dance career in the United States, Donovan has won numerous titles and events in all three divisions including:
- USA Dance National Smooth Championship
- North American Collegiate Latin Championship
- North American Collegiate Standard Vice-Championship
- North American Youth Latin Vice-Championship
- New England DanceSport Youth and Adult Standard Champion
- New England DanceSport Youth Latin Champion and Adult Latin Vice-Champion
- Four time gold medalist in Latin and Standard at the AAU West Coast Junior Olympic Games
After relocating back home and joining SuperShag as an instructor in 2019, he turned professional and quickly had competitive success in the Professional Rising Stars division including becoming the Professional Rising Star Rhythm Vice-Champion at the Commonwealth Classic and La Classique as well as achieving top placements with his students in both Rhythm and Smooth.
Outside of ballroom, Donovan has studied modern, contemporary, lyrical, and hip-hop forms of dance. He is a member of the Contemporarily Out of Order Dance Company and was previously on scholarship to Gate City Ballet. Additionally, he was also a guest performer at the Moody Street Circus performing dance/lyra routines with Zoe Heywood, a member of the Dance Academy by Siagel Productions Celtics Performance Team, and attended the prestigious Point Park University International Summer Dance Intensive and JNDS Powered by Dance program.